Sunday, September 14, 2008

Revising Essay One

I did not make many changes to my rough draft. I read and utilized the sites that were provided by Stacy. I did find them useful. I also took some of the advice from my peer. I changed my title page. I first had the title page separate from the body of the essay. At the time that I wrote the paper I was not sure if that was correct, so once my peers corrected me, I quickly changed it. I also changed my "Works Cited" page, I had failed to alphabetize it.

After viewing the sites given by our instructor, I changed various wording within the body of the essay to help the flow of the sentences. I used the "Revising Drafts" as a check list to ensure the essay was written well.

I then used the "Writing a Research paper" as a checklist to ensure I had completed the editing process.

I learned that revising a papre is not looking over it and changing a few misspelled words or missed commas, but it is to ensure that the reader knows and understands that purpose of the paper.

No comments: